Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Love of God

Today I feel lead to share some of my thoughts about God and his love for us. As I travel across this great country of ours, I look at it and wonder how people can not believe in the power, glory, and love of our God. I see the sunrise and sunset and feel the face of God shining on us. I look at the great mountains and see that God had sculpted them with His own hands. I look at the myriad amounts of different wild life and see the imagination of God. I look at all of these and see the true magnificence of God. All of these things show us that God had taken His time to create a world that He could love and care for. In all of His glory He created this world, all of the creatures, and then man. This last part really lifts my heart because in the other things, world, sun, sky, oceans, animals, plants, and stars God just spoke them into existence. In the creation of man He took His time He and molded us with His own hands and then with His own breath He breathed life into us. We are different than any other creatures in this aspect. When God blew breath in to us not only did He give us life but also part of Himself…He gave us a soul. This is true love. I still wonder how anyone can look at life and doubt that there is a true and loving God. How anyone can see the birth of a child can deny the existence of God is beyond me.
Then, of course, the ultimate display of love from our God. That is the sacrifice of His son Jesus Christ. This is one of the most controversial aspects of our culture today. Many people don’t believe that this is true about the life death and resurrection of Jesus. But I tell you that the proof is there. It has been proven, by historians, that Jesus did in fact live in the time frame indicated by the Bible; also they have proven that He did in fact travel across Israel and teach about the love, grace, forgiveness, and glory of God. It has also been proven that He was tried, crucified, and buried by the Roman government. Finally, it is proven that the tomb that He was put in is empty. All of these should be enough to quell most doubters. Unfortunately it is not. So I turn your attention to the Old Testament of the Bible. Throughout the Old Testament there are over a hundred prophesies that tell of the coming of a savior. The odd of any one man to fulfill all of these prophesies is astronomical. Yet Christ did. How were these men able to tell about the coming, life, death and resurrection of a man hundreds, even thousands, of years before He was born, if not for the hand and plan of God? To give His only son to the world, to live in a human body, live a sinless life, the give His own life for all of mankind to pay for our sins is the picture of true love. I hope in my heart that someone will read this and look into the things that I have said and see the truth about the love of God. Thank you for your visit and May God bless you and yours.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Preach it brother! That was very good Olin. I too pray that someone will be impacted for eternity while reading your blog. Now, hurry home with my best friend. We need to share our diabetes together. :)

    ReplyDelete